Orcon Genius Terms and Conditions
Orcon Genius Terms and Conditions
In some instances, the Orcon Genius will not be available in your area for coverage reasons. We will endeavour to inform you as soon as we are aware if Orcon Genius is not available to you however, due to technical reasons, we cannot know when we will become aware of this.
1. These terms and conditions set out below govern your sign up to and use of the Orcon Genius and the Orcon Broadband Services associated with it. The Orcon Residential Broadband terms and conditions and the Orcon General Terms and Conditions also apply to your Orcon Genius Plan. In addition, the Orcon Customer Premises Equipment terms and conditions apply to your use of the Orcon Genius hardware. These can be found on our website at http://www.orcon.co.nz If yo.u receive other services from us, other terms may also apply to you. These terms may be found on our Website.).
2. PHONE OVER THE INTERNET:The voice service provided with the Orcon Genius Plan is a voice communications service carried over the internet. This service is often referred to as “voice over ip”or VoIP. It is a secondary and separate service that is distinct from a standard landline service. A landline is a conventional telecommunications connection by copper cable to your premises.
3. NO LANDLINE: You cannot have a landline with the Orcon Genius even from another service provider. The Orcon Genius voice service is separate from a standard landline and you must consider your personal needs carefully before signing up for the Orcon Genius. The Orcon Genius will not operate in the event of a power or broadband outage so if you rely on a phoneline in the event of such outage, we recommend that you do not sign up for the Orcon Genius. Your landline, and all services and features associated with your landline, will be disconnected once you are connected to Orcon Genius.
4. MONITORED DEVICES ETC: Monitored services and other services associated with a landline that require a landline to operate (e.g. monitored alarms, medic alerts, fax, eftpos machines, etc) will not operate with the Orcon Genius. IF YOU RELY ON A MEDIC ALERT OR OTHER DEVICE MONITORED ON A LANDLINE YOU SHOULD NOT SIGN UP FOR THE ORCON GENIUS. For the other monitored services, it is your responsibility to ensure that alternative arrangements are made (if required) and Orcon will not be liable to you in relation to the foregoing.
5. EMERGENCY CALLING: The Orcon Genius voice service supports access to emergency call services (111 or other emergency service telephone numbers) but THE ORCON GENIUS SERVICE WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE IN THE EVENT OF A POWER FAILURE OR INTERRUPTION TO YOUR BROADBAND SERVICE CONNECTION AND YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CALL EMERGENCY SERVICES IF THIS OCCURS. In the event that there is an interruption to the power supply, the service will not be available until power is restored. A power failure or disruption may require you to reset or reconfigure the Orcon Genius prior to utilising the service. For this reason we recommend you maintain a mobile phone service and keep a charged mobile phone at your premises to make and receive calls and to ensure that you have ongoing access to 111 and other emergency call services in the event of a broadband or power outage. We are not liable to you for any loss or damage you suffer or for any costs, expenses or charges you incur arising from any inability to access emergency call services using the Orcon Genius voice service.
6. ORCON BROADBAND REQUIRED: Orcon Genius can only be used with an Orcon Broadband Plan.
7. SKYTV: If you have Sky TV, your SkyTV services will continue to operate when you move to Orcon Genius, however for SkyTV services that utilise a telephone line for certain features such as purchasing box office movies Orcon cannot guarantee or support this feature via Orcon Genius.
8. CURRENT ORCON BROADBAND CUSTOMERS: You may request to change from your current Orcon Broadband Plan to the Orcon Genius Plan. If your current Orcon Broadband Plan has no fixed term and you wish to have no fixed term on your Orcon Genius Plan, you will have to pay a $99 connection fee when you change plans. If your current Orcon Broadband Plan has a fixed term then you must commence a new fixed term contract of 12, 18 or 24 months on your Orcon Genius Plan otherwise an early termination fee will apply in relation to your current Orcon Broadband Plan.
9. SUSPENSION OF ACCOUNT: If your Orcon Genius Plan is suspended by Orcon in accordance with Orcon’s right to suspend your account under the Orcon General Terms and Conditions, your Orcon Genius voice service will also be suspended however calls to 111 will still function.
10. ORCON GENIUS HARDWARE:
10.1 The Orcon customer premises equipment terms and conditions apply to your use of the Orcon genius. These can be found on our website at: http://www.orcon.net.nz/about/terms/category/residential
10.2 Note that you must immediately return your Orcon Genius hardware to Orcon upon cancellation of your Plan and if you fail to do so we may charge you an amount of $250.
10.3 You must pay the freight charges for the dispatch of the Genius device to the location specified by you when you sign up for Orcon Genius. You do not have the option to pick up the Genius device yourself.
10.4 Orcon only supports the use of the Genius CPE device with an Orcon Genius Broadband and VOIP service. The use of any other device will not be supported and cannot be guaranteed any service level.
11. WIRELESS FUNCTIONALITY: Various factors in your home may affect your wi-fi range including the layout of your premises, building materials used and electronic devices in your home. Orcon Genius will be issued to you with the wireless functionality switched ON and secured using WPA. Please refer to your instruction manual for guidance on how to access the modem wirelessly. You must ensure that any wireless network set up at your premises is secure. You will be liable for any charges incurred as a result of a third party obtaining unauthorized access to your wireless network.
12. NO 3G ACCESS: Orcon does not support 3G access delivered using the 3G port on the back of the modem.
13. NATIONAL CALLING BUNDLE: Calls to national landlines are for calls of up to one hour's duration after which Orcon toll rates will apply. Calling to landlines is defined as residential landlines and does not include special service numbers. Orcon retains the right to with draw the product from end users who exceed reasonable consumer calling usage